If you are missing the Tilt Rod, Tilt Bar, part #5248 (sold separately), is used with these connectors.
- For 2 1/2" Louver size. 3 connector per slide. Connect FRONT Tilt Bar to Vinyl Louver
- The distance between the center of connectors is: 2 1/8"
- Off White Milky Color
- Commonly used in Vinyl, Polysatin, BytheWays, Hunter Douglas Summerwind shutter
- Minimum Order Quantity applied when added to Cart.
- If this is the first time you do this repair, it's recommended to order extra 1-2 pieces to practice pushing the connectors in the louver hole properly.
- You MUST replace all the connectors attached to the same tilt bar, IF your shutter is more than 5 years old (most likely all plastic connectors that have sun full exposure over 5 years are sun damaged & easily breakable). For example: if your shutter has 8 connections to the same tilt bar, however only 3 connectors were broken. You must replace ALL 8 connectors. Because as soon as you pull the tilt bar out to insert the new glides, the rest (5 connectors) will be broken. There's no way to prevent that from happening. So please double count and make sure you order enough.
1/ Remove the old, broken connectors from louvers by grabbing the tilt bar & pull out.
2/ Insert the new connectors into louver. Insert the longer side in the louver hole first, then gently but firmly force the shorter side in the hole.
3/ Remove 1 end cap of the tilt bar and slide the old broken connectors out. If the end cap is very hard to be removed, it may be glued.
4/ Slide the tilt bar slowly into the new connectors
5/ Cut the End (only) connectors as needed, it should not stick out longer than the tilt bar.
6/ Put the end cap back into tilt bar. Glue as needed