- Restring KIT includes:
- 4 Flat tape ribbon lift set.
- 1 Needle Restring Tool 6"
- 4 sets of Pocket & Buckle
- Each Spool comes with 10ft (120 inches) ribbon
- Commonly used in Hunter Douglas Duette Easyrise & 3 Day Blind honeycomb operating with cordloop.
- Remove the old broken spools & bottom buckles (plugs). Remove clutch. Remove plastic shaft retainer. Pull the shaft all the way out.
- Start from bottom rail, use the Wire RestringTool to thread thru holes of Bottom Rail+Fabric+Headrail.
- From head rail, thread the flat tape thru the Wire Restring Too. Then pull the tape Ribbon together with the Wire Tool thru fabric & out of bottom hole.
- Secure the spools tightly into matching headrail holes.
- From bottom rail, SLOWLY pull the ribbon ALL THE WAY until it stops. This is a very important step. If you shade is unlevel after repair, it is because the ribbon was not pulled out the way out.
- Thread the ribbon thru plastic bottom pocket. Push pocket into bottom rail hole.
- Thread the ribbon in & out of the buckle so ribbon can't pull out. Insert the buckle into the pocket.
- Insert the shaft thru all the spool holes. There's only 1 correct way to glide the shaft in. If you struggle hard to push the shaft thru the first spool, try the next groove. The shaft should glide easily (once it is in the correct spot) thru the spools.
- Insert the clutch & shaft retainer into the shaft.
- Reinstall headrail into brackets.
- Straighten the ribbon to proper length. Best to use a pen to mark proper length instead of eyeball. Adjust buckle to where the pen mark is. Plug buckle into pocket.
- Cut the ribbon. Phewh. You are done!
- This is NOT an easy repair. Pat yourself on the back (OR take deep breath and a break if you are too frustrated!)