Remove blinds & shades from brackets can be tricky if you have the "hidden" type brackets. Generally, a bracket is designed to:
If you have Hidden, Spring Loaded Brackets:
- Hook or Support the TOP FRONT headrail
- Support or Clip the BACK BOTTOM headrail
- PUSH the top front headrail (to compress the spring)
- Grab the back of bottom headrail, pull the bottom down while tilting the top front rail upward
The pictures below show you how to remove a headrail from brackets.
|Shade Type: Duette, Honeycomb, Cellular, Pleated|
|Blind Type: Wood, Mini, Venetian|
- Silhouette bracket
- Vignette bracket
- Wood, open up
- Mini, open out
- Duette, phillip screws
- Duette, flathead screw
- Hidden bracket, principle: never pull down to remove.
- push top headrail in to losen the bottom rear. Then lift rear.
- if there's "tab" at rear bracket, then push that tab toward the glass so the rear bottom drops out
- inspect top and rear bottom, if there's slot, stick the flat head screw driver in there & turn
- if you can't find any visual clue, roll the shades all the way down, use a flathead screwdrive to push up middle of bracket while pulling the headrail away from the window glass.