Essential Connections on Powerview Remote Control:
STEP 1/ Programming Mode. Video of How to Enter and Exit Programming Mode
Yes, you read that right. This is NOT a typo. Enter OR Exit Programming Mode is exactly the same procedure: Press & Hold STOP button for about 6 seconds. The visible difference is the .... light (ENTER: light flashes. EXIT: light Off)
- ENTER Programming Mode: Press & Hold STOP Button for 6 seconds until light starts blinking.
- EXIT Programming Mode: press & Hold Stop Button for 6 seconds until light stops blinking.
STEP 2/ Pairing Remotes. Skip to step 3 if you only have 1 remote. If you have more than 1 Remote, then Always Pair ALL remotes BEFORE joining any shade. Video of How to Pair Remotes to a Single Network ID
STEP 3/ Join Shade to a Group. A single shade can be joined to multiple groups on the same remote
- 1/ On back of TARGET remote, use a paper clip to Press & Hold the Reset button for 6 seconds.
- 2/ on SOURCE Remote, enter Programming mode.
- 3/ on TARGET remote, Press & Continue to Hold Stop button (until next step "4" is complete
- 4/ On SOURCE Remote, quickly Press & Release STOP button. (Group 1-6 should flash twice on Target Remote). Your remote is now paired.
Watch Video: How to Join Shade to a Group of Powerview Remote Control
- 1/ On Remote, enter Program mode
- 2/ Press 1-6 to Select Group (1-6).
- 3/On Shade Headrail, Press & Continue to Hold the Program button until step 4 below is complete
- 4/On Remote, quickly Press & Release the Open (arrow UP) button (while still in Program mode). Shade should jog (move up/down about 1")
- 5/On Shade Headrail, Release the Program button
- 6/On remote, exit Program mode (see step 1). Your shade is now joined to the remote. Video of How to Join a Shade to a Group 1-6
BUTTON FUNCTIONS of the Remote Control (when pressed, the selected # will lit up):
Watch Video: Functions of Buttons on Powerview Remote Control
- Group 1-6. You can add up to 6 group of shades to 1 remote. Each group control the shades separately, independently. Unless you have a huge home, for simplicity most consumer would assign 1 shade to each group and have 1 remote for each room. For example, you have 3 shades in Family Room. Assign group 1 to Left shade, 2 to Middle Shade, 3 to Right Shade. Press 2 will only operate Middle Shade
- ARROW OPEN/CLOSE. let you Open = Raise up OR Close = lower down the shade.
- STOP. Let you stop the shade (while open/close) wherever you want.
- ALL. Operate ALL groups at the same time. In the example above, Family Room, press ALL, will lower/raise ALL 3 shades at the same time.
- HEART. Heart button is your programmed Favorite position. It is set at manufacture at half way
- How to Remove Shade from a Group.
- 1/ On Remote, enter Program mode.
- 2/ Press to Select Group (1-6).
- 3/On Shade Headrail, Press & Continue to Hold the Program button until step 4 is complete
- 4/On Remote, quickly Press & Release the Close (arrow DOWN) button (while still in Program mode)
- 5/on Shade Headrail, Release the Program button
- 6/On Remote, exit Program mode. Video of How to Remove a Shade from a Group 1-6
- How to Pair a Remote to a Hub. Always Pair Remote to Hub BEFORE joining any shade to the Remote.
- 1/ on Back of Remote, use a paper clip to Press & Hold the Reset button for 6 seconds.
- 2/ Keep the Remote & Hub closely together within 12".
- 3/ Simultaneously, on Remote, Press & Hold the Stop button, AND, on back of Hub, Press & Hold the "P button" for 3 seconds. Always Pair Remote to Hub BEFORE joining any shade to the Remote. Video of How to Pair a Remote to a Hub.
Powerview Step by Step Guide
Best Practices for New Installations of PowerView Shades