Roller Sun ScreenClick Here to Request a Quote
Hunter Douglas roller shades are unlike any other on the market — both in the way they look on your windows and how they perform. Each shade is precision engineered to deliver minimal light gap and quiet, flawless and smooth operation. The ultra-slim Custom Clutch system results in the thinnest light gap in the industry, and that means you get to enjoy less light peeking in, greater privacy and a more polished look.
Sun shade is slim, flat screen fabric that is generally see through. Opacity level varies depend on how much see through you like. Roller shade is best suited for office, living room, commercial establishment. If you want 100% privacy and room black out, roller shade may not be the best choice. If you cannot live happily without roller shade, but are not happy with 100% privacy, then make sure you order the Duolite, Dual Roller with the 2nd black out lining, OR check out Designer Roller Shade that offer Room Darkening fabric.
The roller tube varies in diameters: 1 3/8", 1.5", or 2". Clutch size varies accordingly to match tube size.
The most common operation of roller shade is: Custom Clutch & #10 Bead Loop. You pull the loop to lower or raise the shade. Powerise option is available.
Solar Screen pair well with Skyline Gliding Panel to provide the perfect solution for your home's window fashions.
There are 2 common bead loops: Metal and Plastic:
- Plastic bead loop is great in term of color matching with your fabric. However plastic bead is not as strong & durable as metal (nickel or brass) bead loop. So they tend to break sooner. If you have a large, tall shade with heavy fabric, definitely go with metal bead loop.
- Metal bead loop with Nickel plated or Brass are popular. They are stronger & more durable than plastic bead. However, over long time, the metal may create some stains (mostly cleanable) on your fabric.
When you order roller shade, decide these factors in advance:
- Roll Direction. Standard Roll (most common, shade roll closer to the glass), OR Reverse Roll (shade roll away from the glass)
- Opacity.How much see thru is best for you? Opacity varies from 3% (tighter weave, less view, more privacy) to 15% (large weave, more view, less privacy)
- Valance. What type of Valance of Cassette do you prefer? Valance, Pocket, Cassette, or Fascia?
GALLERY. Roller Shades & Sun Screen Pictures